Translate

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Why My Websites Are Not Well Ranked

   I decided a while ago to start my own Online business but how and where do I start? I'm searching all over the internet, reading reviews about home based businesses and finally I stumbled upon "Wealthy Affiliate". Looks good, free to join... OK let me try it. So here I go, sign in and start the training but... who is the least patient woman in the world? Me!
   I start watching a video lesson and by the time it reached the end I'm bored and realized that I didn't understand a thing. Not because the video is bad, I'M BAD. I can't concentrate, I don't have any patience and I'm doing ten things at the same time.
   While trying to follow the training, I'm answering the phone, checking my email and Facebook (looking to see who's getting married, divorced, etc), yelling at my husband to lower the TV because I can't concentrate and he's answering "concentrating on what - Facebook?" Did i mention I'm also eating?
   Let me tell you, this is a big distraction, listening to Kyle explaining the importance of keywords, I'm wondering why my food is a bit too salty. "Oh because I cooked it with the smoked salted meat (I'm not buying this meat anymore). Tomorrow, I'll make some salmon, well you get the picture.
   The video is done and I'm like "wait, what was the training about..oh yes, keywords, darn I missed it... it's OK, I'll see it again tomorrow." But tomorrow never comes. That's how I missed not something but EVERYTHING. Now that I have my own website up and running (God only knows how I did it)! I'm now wondering why don't I have any traffic and why I'm not ranked. I worked so hard for all the content, but where are my readers?
   It's obvious, I'm doing something wrong, so I run back to WA and all kind of SEO related websites, even trying to concentrate, if you can believe that..and I got it! Of course, my site wasn't well ranked because: I haven't any idea what RSS feeds are (one of my visitors left this comment "Great Website. You ought to concentrate more about RSS Feeds as visitors reply -they carry a good bit of visitors") I never looked into "backlinks" and I don't know how helpful they are or how to do them. I don't know a thing about meta tags or categories and totally ignored social media from a business point of view, and the list goes on and on. Yes, I worked hard, so what?
   I remember when I was a child, my first huge Christmas cleaning of my bedroom. I worked so hard for about four hours to clean the windows and carpet only. The rest of the room was kind of a mess. My mother came to check it and she wasn't happy with all my work. I started to cry and said "but I worked so hard" and she said "yes you did, but you worked wrong, you concentrated on two things and ignored everything else".
   Forty years later, I'm making the same mistake. I concentrated only on design and content. Will I ever learn? Take for example Street Articles, I have only two articles here and guess what? These are my only backlinks.
   When I learned what backlinks are and checked to see if I have any (hoping an angel would come from the sky and show them to me). I was so pleasantly surprised to see 2 of them. From where - STREET ARTICLES. Although I kept receiving emails advising me to have activity on SA, I always ignored it.
   Also, I have another reason. I didn't feel comfortable about writing because I wasn't born English speaking (I only used the English language for a few years) and I know I make a lot of mistakes for which I apologize. That said, I'm now taking everything serious, learning all the things I missed and hopefully I'm going to end up on the first page some day.
   Don't make the same mistake as I did if you want to have a successful online business.
   Don't do same mistakes as I did if you want to have a successful business online.
Emilia Manda http://workhomescamfree.com
http://workhomeidea.com

By 

No comments:

Post a Comment